Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School, or; Ema posted about her outfit so now I want to

Well friends. It's that time again. That time to think about your first day of school outfit for a solid two hours only to have the painful realization that a) it's torrential downpour b) it's not elementary school and therefore your "back to school outfit" doesn't really apply and c) [on a personal note] nothing I wear is particularly blog-worthy. BUT I do have a lovely collection of grey sweaters you're sure to become acquainted with in the coming months.

I know I appear to have the life of a jet-setting celebrity, but true confession folks: I'm really a student.
so, let's start with the top:
sweater: helmut lang, necklace: pamela love

No, this glorious photo is not a myspace (RIP) style selfie; my arm is extended like that to show you that the sweater is two tones! Look at that! she sleeves are metallic knit where the body of the sweater is a nice wooly charcoal gray. You can't see any of these details because I am using photobooth to take these pictures (sorry, alone in my apartment with the impulse to blog and no one to force to photograph me, you know how it is)

Those of you that know me, which let's be honest, is probably 99 percent of people reading this post, will know that I am no stranger to the exposed bra with open knit sweater. Upon advisement, I've decided to throw on a black tanktop under my sweater because who wants to be NipplesGirl on the first day of class? I'll save that for the second. (Look out for my next post ;)

It's important to wear a spiky necklace that people confuse for spikes/bullets/something phallic/[insert your own observation here] so that both your professors and your fellow classmates will know not to mess with you. A few words on my facial expression: I can't not smile in pictures. Seriously. I was once photographed for nylon and made a face that can only be described as a smout, a lovely smile-pout hybrid. The picture is on the internet and I will absolutely not link it here.

Moving onto the bottom:
Jeans: levis, Boots: Rag & Bone

Remember in the early 2000's when wearing a dress over jeans was the thing? Well, if you're like me (ahem, under 5 foot 2) you can easily make that trend reappear. Bring it back, ladies. Just wear a sweater that's meant to have a slightly longer hem on full size people and you're ready to go. Extra points for uneven hem: If you happen to be really insecure about your right hip but your left is a thing of beauty, this sweater is for you. Not pictured: booties have small heel, a+

Last: 
Raincoat: Joseph, Purse: Celine 

While Ema totes a nice backpack for practical purposes, I've been known to spit on the face of pragmatism. Exhibit A: leather (not waterproof) Celine purse that kind of resembles a briefcase. The necklace says "I can kick your ass" but the purse says "But I'll be damn well professional and organized while doing it." The hood says "Hey, I know it's raining." Extra points for walking into class with that facial expression and keeping it throughout the lecture. 

Alright friends and loyal fans, gotta walk around the library looking lost until somebody talks to me

- Kayla 

*Just in case you actually want to know that the purse looks like (No, I am not in in any way affiliated with ebid.com) 





No comments:

Post a Comment